November 2020Things are happening that ultimately augur well for us to commence accepting bookings for our African wildlife safaris. In essence the following changes have occurred since our last communication:Every one of our African destinations are now open and accepting travelers from all countries. Strict Covid protocols are in place but none of them are onerous and you can enjoy your safaris to the fullest extent. Vaccine developments against Covid are now very well advanced from a number of sources. These may be available to the public in some countries as early as December. Australia has secured sufficient vaccines to be able to commence inoculations potentially as early as February 2021. Health care workers, residents of aged care homes, the elderly etc will be first to receive the vaccine. The general population will be vaccinated following these priority cases. We believe that our clients have every reason to expect to receive safe and effective vaccination by mid 2021. Qantas have stated that they will not be accepting bookings to South Africa, USA or Europe before October 2021. How will this affect our clients? It will be Qantas’ loss if they do not start flying before that date as there are a number of alternative and excellent airlines that will be flying from Australia to South Africa including Singapore Airlines. What action should we and you take? Prior to Covid our clients generally booked their safaris 12-18 months in advance of traveling. There is absolutely no reason to change this. Game lodge availability is limited for 2021 because so many clients have postponed their 2020 bookings. However we still have some space at great destinations available in the third quarter of 2021 and much more in 2022. We are very confident that Australians will be able to travel late next year and certainly in 2022. Qantas is also most likely to have flights in place during that time. We would therefore encourage you to contact us and explore your opportunities now. We can design a super itinerary for you at excellent prices and then confirm your safari whilst there is still availability. As security, should Covid still prevent your travel we will postpone at no financial loss to you.